The Novelty of Subscription Boxes

Today let's talk about subscription boxes. They are quickly becoming all the rage in the bookish community, and I really love the concept: the owner of the subscription box company, a trusted reader, chooses one book per month and curates a box containing the book and other themed items and goodies to go along with it.

I love the idea of not knowing what book I'll get and what else will come with it. It's like Christmas once each month! I've been salivating over these subscription boxes, and once I get a job (soon) I plan on purchasing a subscription. I was approached by my favorite subscription box company, Uppercasebox to review one of their boxes. Thank you, Lisa!

This is the beauty I received in the mail:

-Signed Copy of Starflight
-Starflight poster and bookmark
-Starflight nail wraps
-Handwritten and personalized note
-Exclusive content
-Anne of Green Gables Infinity Scarf
Uppercase has two subscription boxes:

The Expert Plan ($23)
-Brand New, Hardcover Young Adult Book (released that month)
-Signed Book or Bookplate Signed by the Author
-1-2 High-Quality, Exclusive Bookish Items
-Reading Experience with Exclusive Content
-Personal Hand-Written Note to You

and

Book Exclusive Plan ($17)
-Brand New, Hardcover Young Adult Book (released that month)
-Signed Book or Bookplate Signed by the Author
-Reading Experience with Exclusive Content
-Personal Hand-Written Note to You

It's pretty great that Uppercase guarantees you get a signed book or a signed bookplate. It's also so sweet that Lisa (Uppercase owner) handwrites a personalized note to each subscribers in each box. Another feature I really love and think sets Uppercase apart is the exclusive content bookmark menu you also receive in the box. You can go to a special website and insert the codes that correspond with specific page numbers in the book and unlock exclusive content and notes from the author. How cool is that? So if you'd like to learn more about Uppercase, subscribe, or browse then click here.

Some other subscription boxes include IllumicrateOwlcrate, and a new company Fairyloot by blogger Anissa at She Reads Too Much!

What do you think of subscription boxes? Do you have any subscriptions? What do you like about them? 
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

11 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that the owner handwrites everything! That is so much dedication, and it really adds a special touch to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy getting subscription boxes during the months that I can! It's always fun to find out what book + goodies I'll be receiving, and I've really liked all the ones I've gotten so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still on the fence about it. I like that this one is only $17 - some of the others I have seen are pricey. I know WHY and I get it; I have my own business too. Anyway, I would love the anticipation each month on what you're going to get - but I can't bring myself to do it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I could subscribe to Uppercase but unfortunately they only deliver in the US and I live all the way South Africa *sobs* I've been wanting to read Starflight ever since it came out because SPACE PIRATES and LOVE-HATE ROMANCE, two of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to subscribe, it sounds amazing! I live in the UK though and I don't think it ships to here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't subscribe to any boxes, but I'd really like to! There's so many cool ones offered, so I think if I did, it would be hard to choose which one to subscribe to! They sound super exciting, and I love the idea of getting it through the post. Thanks for sharing this box! :D

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried subscription boxes, mainly because I can't really justify the price. That, and the fact that I am scared I won't like the book they send. But the $23 box sounds really reasonable, especially when you get a SIGNED book and all those other bookish items. I may have to try it. That scarf looks gorgeous, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's impossible to miss the unboxing videos which appear on booktube and the pictures on bookstagram now! I currently can't afford to have a subscription box at the moment, but it's definitely something I am looking forward to having in the future! I have noted down the boxes that interest me the most as well :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always looked at subscription boxes from afar! I really like the idea of them and there is quality content, but I just don't like surprises! I don't like paying X amount of dollars for a book I might not even be interested in, but I love all the extra bookish things you get with the "expert" plan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really cute that she writes personalized notes. I really like the look of subscription boxes, but some of the ones I covet most are in the US, and after shipping charges it ends up stupidly expensive. This one looks really good, I love that green gables scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have wanted to try a sub box for a long time.. and last month I finally caved. And bought an Uppercase and an Owlcrate guest subscription for one month. These little boxes are pure magic. I was so ridiculously excited to open them up, and I loved them both so much. Now, I have to choose which one I want to continue. TOUGH CHOICE!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)