Three Bookish Wishes

If I could have three wishes centered around my perfect bookish world, I'd definitely choose the world of The Wrath and The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh! This gorgeous, sweeping world could fulfill practically all my dreams and happens to be a favorite book of mine. If you haven't read The Wrath and The Dawn yet I highly suggest that you do!

First I'd wish for a series of cooking classes, so I could make all the amazing Persian and middle eastern foods that Shazi and Khalid eat. I'd love to work with these foreign spices and make such savory and delicious foods. (I'd probably also have to wish for a gym to stay fit while I gorge on all this food.) Kebobs anyone?

Second I'd wish for a huge library to store all of my books. I'm a bibliophile, what else could I possibly want? Nothing picky of course, but this would do nicely... Just think of all the books you could store in there! And of course it would have plenty of reading nooks, swinging ladders, and secret passageways.


Lastly I'd wish for an unlimited number of rides on a certain magic carpet. How fun would that be? I view magic carpets as the hoverboard equivalent of this particular fantasy world.


Aladdin actually gets three wishes in The Forbidden Wish, a book I throughly enjoyed. I recommend pre-ordering/buying/reading this book to find out how it all turns out for him! Spoiler: I LOVE THIS BOOK. 

Author: Jessica Khoury
Genre: YA Fantasy/Retelling
Page Length: 352 Pages
Publication Date: February 23rd, 2016
Publisher: Razorbill
Goodreads | Amazon
She is the most powerful Jinni of all. He is a boy from the streets. Their love will shake the world...

When Aladdin discovers Zahra's jinni lamp, Zahra is thrust back into a world she hasn't seen in hundreds of years -- a world where magic is forbidden and Zahra's very existence is illegal. She must disguise herself to stay alive, using ancient shape-shifting magic, until her new master has selected his three wishes.

But when the King of the Jinn offers Zahra a chance to be free of her lamp forever, she seizes the opportunity—only to discover she is falling in love with Aladdin. When saving herself means betraying him, Zahra must decide once and for all: is winning her freedom worth losing her heart?

As time unravels and her enemies close in, Zahra finds herself suspended between danger and desire in this dazzling retelling of Arabian Nights from acclaimed author Jessica Khoury.
Giveaway hosted by Penguin. US Only. 

a Rafflecopter giveaway
What would you wish for?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

10 comments:

  1. Wow the Forbidden Kiss sounds absoblutely AMAZING!!♡O♡ I mean the summary of the book is written so good and makes the book so much more appealing than it already is! :D Thanks for introuducing us to the book and telling us about the giveaway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Forbidden Wish sounds soo good! I'll definitely add that to my TBR! Also, I totally agree I love the Arabian world in The Wrath and The Dawn! I can't wait for the next one!

    #lovebooks! http://hashtaglovebooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, just thinking about the dishes described on TWaTD and bloody hungry now!! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished the wrath and the dawn recently and I LOVVVVED it! I can't wait for the sequel. The forbidden wish also looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started to read The Wrath and The Dawn and I couldn't finish it. I didn't enjoy it at all. But, I like the idea behind this post. I would wish for a huge library, too!

    Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG THAT FOOD THOUGH! I do believe I just drooled?? Like, how could you NOT though? I would totally devour that plate! But anyway *drools uncontrollably* I loved all your wishes (especially the one about the food because...FOOD!) And also the one with magic carpet on it because YOU CAN FREAKING FLY.
    THAT IS ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I'm not sure what I would wish for, but the library is definitely a good one. Maybe more time, too (is time an object a person can wish for? Like a time turner or something.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post Rachel! I would definitely wish for all the food I can eat and an awesome library collection of course! The magic carpet is so much fun hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw I love these Rachel! I totally would love cooking classes too! I would just want to learn how to make some different dishes than I already do. I feel like I cook so many of the same types of food because it's easy, but would love to learn some others.

    And of course a library would be on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, all of that food sounds delicious. As a self-proclaimed foodie, I definitely approve of the choice of all that wonderful food and cooking! And of course, I would LOVE to have a library like that as well.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)