Top Ten Books You Might Not Know About (YET)

I love looking at upcoming releases and spreading the book love and knowledge, so today I'm sharing ten (actually eleven) books that are coming out this spring and summer that you might not know about yet but should be so excited for!!

Mirror in the Sky by Aditi Khorana
The PW Summary/Pitch: "The book follows Tara, a 16-year-old high school junior at a Connecticut private school, whose life is transformed by the discovery of an alternate Earth." Prep meets The Age of Miracles.
I am SO excited for this book!! I picked it up at ALAMW and can't wait to start soon. 

 Rise by Jennifer Anne Davis
The PW Summary/Pitch: "kicks off a fantasy series tinged with dark magic"
I'm a huge fan of Jennifer and her books. Her newest fantasy series sounds epic!

Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler
The PW Summary/Pitch: "pitched as The Devil Wears Prada meets Sex and the City. When Harper scores the summer internship of a lifetime, she moves to New York City to work as a dating blogger at the hottest teen magazine in the country. There's just one problem: she's not exactly the dating expert she claimed to be."
Did someone say The Devil Wears Prada?? 


How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather
The PW Summary/Pitch: "pitched as The Ghost and Mrs. Muir meets The Craft. When heroine Samantha Mather moves to modern-day Salem, Mass., she finds that the crimes of her descendants—who were involved in hanging witches in the town 300 years ago—come back to haunt her. Samantha, Stimola elaborated, “is ostracized by the witch descendants at school, confronted by an enigmatic ghost, and forced to trust her only friend and, ultimately, herself, as she unravels the lost secrets of the hangings and her family.”
SOUNDS AMAZING, RIGHT?! I should start this now.

Places No One Knows by Breanna Yovanoff
The PW Summary/Pitch: Pitched as Say Anything meets Donnie Darko, the story is about a high-achieving girl who falls for the most imperfect boy in school through a series of mysterious dreams, which change how she feels about herself, her future, and love.
I'm pretty sure this is one of Random House's big publicity books for the season. I hope it lives up to the hype.


Tumbling by Caela Carter
The PW Summary/Pitch: set at the U.S. Olympic Gymnastics trials, about the girls vying for spots on the Olympic team. In shifting points of view, Carter examines what each girl wants, needs, and sacrifices for her Olympic dreams.
I love competitive books like these with such high stakes. And it's just in time for the Rio Olympics! 

738 Days by Stacey Kade
This one is an NA novel! A girl is kidnapped and the only thing that keeps her sane through the 738 day capture is a poster of a TV heartthrob on the wall. Now after escaping the ordeal, the TV star arranges to meet her for publicity. I have a feeling this one will get romance-y! 


The Society by Jodie Andrefski

Girl plots to take down the secret society at her school. 
Sounds good, right?? 


The Inside of Out by Jenn Marie Thorne
The Synopsis Pitch: Meg Cabot meets Glee in this breezy, hilarious, deceptively smart YA about privilege, pretense, and realizing that every story needs a hero. Sometimes it's just not you.
I absolutely adored Jenn's debut, The Wrong Side of Right, and I am anxiously waiting to read this one! 


Frannie and Tru by Karen Hattrup

The PW Summary/Pitch: When Frannie eavesdrops on her parents fighting, she discovers that her cousin Truman is gay, and his parents are so upset they are sending him to live with her family for the summer. When he arrives, they embark on an extraordinary eight weeks, a summer marked by slowly unraveling secrets.
This premise captivated me from the start, and I have an eARC so what am I waiting for??
American Girls by Alison Umminger
The PW Summary/Pitch: It tells the present-day story of 15-year-old Anna, who escapes to Los Angeles for the summer and finds herself immersed in the story of the Manson Girls and begins to see disturbing parallels around her.
I was thrilled to pick this one up at ALAMW, and I keep hearing how amazing it is! 
What books do you think people might not know about yet but should be excited for?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

12 comments:

  1. These are some great books to add to my TBR list. I'm really liking the sound of How To Hang A Witch, and 738 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know one of these, The Society and I'm kind of interested to read it. Now I'm also looking forward to 738 Days && How to Hang a Witch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frannie and Tru is one I am super excited about. Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies is new to me but sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Girls is really great--the voice just pops off the page. I am also excited about Frannie and Tru. Great roundup, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of these ones but some of them sound great :) I think The Inside of Out sounds the best! I love the line that says, "...that every story needs a hero. Sometimes it's just not you." I'll have to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I need to add several these to my TBR! Thanks for posting this Rachel! I am definitely interested in 738 Days and The Inside of Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard about The Society yet but I would definitely read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. TUMBLING. OMG, OMG, OMG. As a gymnast myself, I am so, so excited for that one! And just in time for Rio too! The Society and Mirror in the Sky sound great too. xD Thanks for sharing Rachel and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many of these look fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had't heard of a lot of these but a bunch of them seem right up my alley! Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies sounds like such a fun summer book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great list! I am always looking for new, interesting books. I have an ARC of the Inside of Out and I am SO EXCITED to read it. It sounds like it is going to bring a lot of topics to the table that need much more discussion than they've been getting lately, like privilege. Great post!

    Gabi @ letsgababoutbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Inside of Out is the only one I was already aware of! But all of those books sound so epic and I have bookmarked this page so I can return in the future and read through all of these books. There isn't a single one I don't want to read here. Tumbling, especially, sounds so cool.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)