What Am I Known For As A Blogger?

I'm so excited for Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, which is out on March 8th, 2016. The main character of Rebel of the Sands, Amani is known for her sharp-shooting skills. I was asked what I would be known for as a blogger! With the help of some friends, I've selected a few things I think I'd be known for in the blogosphere.

I'd be a blogger known for...

1. Debut Love aka the blogger who loves promoting debuts 
Through my annual Meet the Newbies debut feature, countless MTN debut Twitter chats, FAC16, TTT lists, and reviews, I think it's safe to say I LOVE debuts. Maybe I'll write a post up on why I love debuts so much. It's been my "thing" for over two years now, and I just love helping promote all books but especially those by debuts. 

2. Bookish Knowledge aka the blogger who recites book titles she's excited about for hours on Twitter (chats)
I love learning about the latest book deals, so while people are crazing over the books coming in 3-5 months, I'm already looking 1-2 years ahead! I am quite proud of my cultivated Goodreads shelves. I scour sites to learn about the latest rights sold and the newest books announced. I just like to be in the know and share the book love!

3. Organization/Scheduling aka the blogger who sends the long, detailed emails to authors/bloggers and owns a colorful blog calendar
I have a rigid, organized way of blogging. I have a color-coded calendar; my events run a tight ship. Organization is one of my favorite things. I also really like scheduling posts ahead of time, so most of the posts you read here on APCB are actually written a few months prior.

This was July's calendar!
4. Enthusiasm aka the blogger who uses the SHOUTY CAPS and the exclamation points!!!! 
Books are my happy place, and I tend to let that enthusiasm seep through my online and real life personalities. (They're actually pretty similar, I'm not that different in person or so I'm told.) I try to be as inviting and friendly to all because why be mean?? We're all new to the bookish community at some time or another, so why not welcome everyone with open arms and make them feel the love?

Release Date: March 8th, 2016
Publisher: Viking
Goodreads

She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands.

Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mystical beasts still roam the wild and barren wastes, and rumor has it that somewhere, djinni still practice their magic. But there's nothing mystical or magical about Dustwalk, the dead-end town that Amani can't wait to escape from.

Destined to wind up "wed or dead," Amani’s counting on her sharpshooting skills to get her out of Dustwalk. When she meets Jin, a mysterious and devastatingly handsome foreigner, in a shooting contest, she figures he’s the perfect escape route. But in all her years spent dreaming of leaving home, she never imagined she'd gallop away on a mythical horse, fleeing the murderous Sultan's army, with a fugitive who's wanted for treason. And she'd never have predicted she'd fall in love with him...or that he'd help her unlock the powerful truth of who she really is.

Giveaway

Penguin is kindly offering 5 US winners a finished copy of Rebel of the Sands, a Penguin tote bag, and a sand hourglass. Ooh ahh! Enter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

What would you be known for as a blogger/reader? 
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

18 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I agree with all of these! You're super excited about all the debuts and it really shines through. I also get this very airy feel in your online presence? You kind of just drift through the blookunity with sparkles and confetti behind you XD Your scheduling is so detailed!

    I read the first couple pages of Rebel of the Sands as a preview and wham am I hooked. I'm definitely going to get this one sometime. Good luck to all the US entrants!

    PS: Funnily enough, I came here from your tweet saying that you weren't sure what you were known for as a blogger AND coincidentally, I blogged about that two days ago? So just in case you're interested, here's the post: http://randommorbidinsanity.blogspot.com/2016/02/5-steps-book-blogger-trademark.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely caught my attention on Twitter when I once saw you tweet about your Google calendar, or Mishma mentioned it, I don't really remember, but I DO remember feeling REALLY awed. I mean, no one I know EVER plans their life for months ahead, much less their blogs! :D But that's a good thing, and I TOTALLY envy your organization skills!!

    Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one, definitely the first one. That is immediately what came to my mind when I saw the title of this post! :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely would think about Knowledge and enthusiasm if I think about you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the one who could probably list all the debuts from the top of your head lol. Also I finally started using Google Calendars and it's a big help instead of just using my dry erase board :D But I wish I had your organizational skills. I keep changing things in my calendar. It's hard to stick to it XD. As a blogger, I'm not sure what I'd be known for. But as a reader, I'd probably be known for being a romantic junkie and a very moody reader lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debut love and organization are definitely the two major things that I think about when I think about you and your blog. I think as a reader, I'd be known as a fantasy lover, and as a blogger, maybe because I review a lot of backlist books (the opposite from you!) and because I try to make people read books, even if they have horrible covers (I have a weekly feature where I talk about it). Great post, Rachel!

    Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your organization skills!! I wish I had that skill haha. As for what I would be known for as a blogger I have no clue. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous of how organized you are! I've tried and I just don't have the knack for it. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love this! I definitely do think of you as the one who knows all the debuts and quite a lot about books that are to be anticipating coming out in the future! I actually... have no idea what I am known for? Maybe my love for nail art as well as books xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you know your trademark! i honestly cannot keep up with debuts and new books so i love coming to you for latest recs. all us bloggers should probably be known for something to establish ourselves as unique and this post really shows that <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a super fun post Rachel! You're definitely the go to queen when it comes to blogging events and debut authors, I live vicariously through everything you get to experience blogging wise in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are definitely the debuts lady! I know who to ask about debut books & authors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still bow down to your organization!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha this is so point! :D Your love for debuts is so endearing and you are basically an encyclopeadia of new releases! God knows how you get updated so fast! :D
    And of course the calendars! :) They still haven't ceased to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific post, I enjoyed reading your organizational skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find bookish trademarks so interesting. I think every blogger tries to bring something unique to the community, and with some it's obvious and some it's more obvious.

    Your obvious one is debut knowledge! GIRL. I don't even know how you manage to know so much information about literally every single YA debut. Not going to lie, even as I was distanced from the community I still relied on you to keep me fresh on the latest YA debuts. So THANK YOU for being so committed and aware of everything to do with debuts.

    I think your organization/scheduling is your more subtle blogging trait. I have definitely noticed it though! LOL in case you can't already tell, I was basically a big blogger stalker as I was gone. It didn't go unnoticed to me how active and consistent this blog is! That's seriously impressive girl, I envy your scheduling prowess so much. Unfortunately for me the scheduling life isn't for me as I've discovered, it just adds so much stress. LOL though maybe that is my own doing now that I consider it, not the scheduling.

    Anyways I loved this post girl! Makes me wonder if I have a trademark already or if it's yet to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you give so many new books a chance and spread the excitement about them! And it's always important to welcome new people, because it can be really intimidating to start out and approach other bloggers. Kudos to you for being so enthusiastic about it all (and so organized you're basically the complete opposite of me haha) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha :) I love this! I would probably be known as the passionate crazy book lover girl who will never stop fangirling over any book she likes and scares away all of the muggles. But, really. I feel like I scare away 90% of the people who come to my blog through CAPS and ! and :) :) :)...

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)