A Trip to Powell's City of Books!


Hello from Oregon, APCB readers!  Yes, it's true: I hopped on a plane and journeyed across the Pacific.  I'm now, officially, on the U.S. mainland.

A couple of days ago, I visited Portland for a quick bite in the city.  And while I was there, I absolutely had to visit the famous bookstore, Powell's City of Books.

I snapped a few photos while inside Powell's premises, so take a look at all of the books!




This is Powell's Books.  Maybe it doesn't look like much from outside, but trust me: you'll want to check this place out if you happen to be in Portland.




The place is bustling with people.  (And that makes me so happy!)  It's awesome to see such a well-loved bookstore being enjoyed by masses of people.


The bookstore is HUGE.  It practically takes up the entire block and there are multiple rooms and floors to it.  Each room is based off a specific color and specific merchandise.  For example, the "Rose Room" is home to Children's and YA books.


(Of course, I had to pay a visit to the Rose Room, being a YA book lover and all.)


Powell's has it all.  There are way too many great books to choose from. 

And here's what I particularly loved:


These little book advertisements, making shopping for the perfect book easier.  The staff not only included signs for new and award winning books, but also for great recommendations and enticing blurbs.  You can tell Powell's definitely knows about and cares for their merchandise.


You can spend a whole week or more in here, but unfortunately, I only had about 45 minutes to spare before my parking meter expired.  So, I wasn't able to check out every nook, cranny, and crevice of the store, but I still tried to "make do" with the time and explored!




If you ever have the chance to stop by Powell's City of Books, definitely do so.  My advice?  Allot ample time to fully enjoy this impressive place.  I wasn't able to do my visit justice, but that's why I'm actually going back for another visit tomorrow!

I seriously love you, Powell's.


Julia's a dreamer. She often zones off periodically throughout the day thinking up plans for the future, pining over fictional characters, and concocting up possible plot lines for stories.

You can find Julia on her main blog, Peach Print, on Twitter @peachprint, on Instagram @yapeach, and of course, right here on the APCB blog.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, this place looks AMAZING! We don't have anything quite as big (that I know of) in Sydney here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I would LOVE TO GO THERE. *flails* I have never been into a bookshop that big, especially not a used one, aaaand, especially not one full to bursting with people .xD HHEE. But that is so cool to just be in a store and know there are so many other bookworms around! :D And I love the staff-signs. That is such a nice/clever thing to do. :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. I love bookstores and this one looks utterly amazing! *_* I so badly want to go to America even more now! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great. I definitely want to take a trip around the world when I get older and visit some of the most famous bookstores. It's my dream! I definitely think if you're in the NYC area you should check out The Strand Bookstore. It's so cute and not only are there books, there are also tons and tons of merchandise and Strand-brand items! Also the famous Books of Wonder where there are so many events and author signings that occur there. Lemme know if you're ever in the area because I'd definitely love to hang and show you around!!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit this bookstore! It's so fun to visit new to you bookstores. Sigh. I'm glad you are going back - hopefully you have more time to really explore! Love the little notes and recommendations on the bookshelves. A local bookstore near me does that too - it's great!

    -lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you got to go here, Julia! I only went once for about two hours (*weeps*) but I have so much merch from there, haha! My sister actually lives/dorms about an hour away so when she visits, she brings me home posters, bookmarks, and sometimes a t-shirt. Right now, I have a tote bag, two posters, a shirt, and so many bookmarks. I used to have a thermos but not too sure where that one went, haha!

    Jess @Princessica of Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygoodness, THAT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE EVER SEEN. I wannnna go there. *wishes there was book shops that big near me*

    -Cari @ myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS. It is such a big bookstore and it's so unique. All we have in canada where i live is a chain which is really nice but not unique. i love all those little signs for recommendations and just your beautiful photos of the shelves upon shelves! so gorgeous. thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)