APCB Adds #3


I love learning about the latest book deals, and APCB Adds is a feature where I share my latest Goodreads book additions. These posts will introduce you to books coming out in the future, ones you can look forward to! 

The Sand Castle Empire by Kayla Olson - Harper Collins Summer 2017
The book is set in 2049 when the Earth is at a breaking point due to climate change, coastal flooding and overpopulation. A radical faction known as the Wolfpack overthrows the government and takes control.

The story centers on a young woman named Eden who escapes a Wolfpack labor camp, joining three other girls fleeing to an island. During her journey, she will find clues as to what happened to her missing father and find out that she is the key to bringing down the Wolfpack.
Environmental science has always been an area of keen interest for me. It's fascinating that this book centers around climate change and the mayhem it causes in the world. I can't wait to read this one!!

Aftercare Instructions by Bonnie Pipkin - Flatiron 2017
The novel follows a 17-year-old girl who is left at Planned Parenthood by her boyfriend after they agree to abort her unwanted pregnancy. Van Beek calls the book a “format-crushing story” that shifts between a traditional narrative and a play.
WOW. This book sounds powerful and edgy.

Be Good Be Real Be Crazy by Chelsey Philpot - Harper Collins October 11, 2016



Three teenagers. One road trip. Countless detours. From the author of Even in Paradise comes a compelling story of self-discovery that is perfect for fans of Paper Towns and Mosquitoland.

When Mia first waltzed into Homer’s small corner of Florida, her bold approach to life changed Homer’s entire world. It wasn’t long before he was hopelessly in love.

Now Mia is moving away—and Homer and his younger brother, Einstein, are helping her drive hundreds of miles to her new home. This is Homer’s last chance to tell Mia how he really feels. And with so many detours in front of them, anything could happen.

In the tradition of Let's Get Lost and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Be Good Be Real Be Crazy is a story about love, friendship, and finding yourself.
Chelsey is the author of one of my favorite contemporary novels, "Even in Paradise." I can't wait to read her sophomore novel! Her writing is beautiful, and her stories pack an emotional punch.

Done Dirt Cheap by Sarah Nicole Lemon - Amulet 2017
Two teenage girls are caught between a motorcycle club and corrupt law enforcement in an unforgiving southern town. Sons of Anarchy meets Thelma & Louise.
Oh, hi. Can I have this now... please?

House of Orange by Lianne Oelke - Clarion 2017
In the novel, 17-year-old Jane Sinner, recently expelled from high school, attends a diploma program at the local community college, solving her housing woes by joining a Big Brother-esque web series.
This sounds hilarious!!

The Tesla Legacy by K.K. PĂ©rez - St. Martin's Press 2017
THE TESLA LEGACY is the story of a young woman whose powerful abilities are unlocked while visiting the “Tesla Room” at the New Yorker hotel, leading her into an epic battle that’s been raging for generations.
Say no more! I'm sold.

Which book are you most looking forward to from the list? 
What books have you recently added to your TBR?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

8 comments:

  1. I love this feature!! Aftercare Instructions sounds like an emotional one for sure!! And House of Orange I'll be sure to check out as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be Real Be Good Be Crazy - I am always ready for a road trip book!! Thanks for sharing all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put Aftercare Instructions and The Tesla Legacy on my TBR list! The summaries definitely have me intruiged. Great list, Rachel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feature! I've added Sand Castle Empire, The Tesla Legacy, and House of Orange to my to read list on Goodreads. I already had Done Dirt Cheap and Aftercare Instructions on there. Fabulous list Rachel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound so AMAZING, especially Be Real Be Good Be Crazy! Off to add these to my wishlist! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basically me right now: *adds everything to my TBR*
    Be Good Be Real Be Crazy sounds SO good (also the cover is super cute)! <3 Ooh, and The Sand Castle Empire sounds amazing -- I absolutely love environmental science too (and I actually have a WIP that deals with climate change) so I'm really excited for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been very active in the blogosphere lately, so I'm only noticing this feature now- and I love it!

    You're right, Aftercare Instructions does sound powerful and edgy and I think I'm most intrigued by this book from your list! Thanks for the recs, Rachel :))

    Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious about the Tesla legacy!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)