Meet the Newbies 2016: Introduction

Thank you Kaitlin @ Next Page Please for the pretty graphic!

Welcome to the second annual Meet the Newbies, a debut event dedicated to enriching the debut experience for both readers and authors. Come learn about the authors, their books, and silly fun facts that you can't learn anywhere else!

So what's on the agenda for this year's newbies event? 

+89 Wonderful Authors. Superlative Titles. Fun Facts. Interviews. Giveaways. Posts from April 1st-June 30th. 

+2016 Yearbook: Can you match the authors with their high school picture? Launching Friday, April 15th. 

+Twitter Chats. April Chat: Sunday, April 17th at 3 PM EST. Prizes and fun to come! 

+Interactive Meet the Newbies Challenge. Launching June 1st. 


I thought I'd kickoff the event by giving you a taste of what's to come from the authors' fun posts:


Blogger Most Likely To Spend Hours Rattling Off Debut Titles During Twitter Chats

Nickname: Rach, Raquel, Princess (long story...)
First Day of School: September 8th, 2015
Homeroom: Physics
Grade: 12, senior!!!
Extracurricular Activities: Making Google Drive Folders, Making Folders for Google Drive Folders, Procrastinating, Tweeting, Reading, Blogging, Noisily Blowing Bubbles With Bubble Gum, Traveling, Taking Hours To Take A Mediocre Picture For Instagram, Cultivating Goodreads Shelves, Participating in Too Many Twitter Chats, Trying On Stilettos, Attempting To Parallel Park
Favorite Class: The classes I can sleep in. (I kid). Economics! 
Favorite Quote/Motto: "It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.” ― Jane Austen"

^^ Oh gosh, freshman Rachel!

Schedule:

Follow along each day! 

April:

1. A Perfection Called Books - Anna Breslaw
2. Love At First Page - Jenny Manzer
3. It Starts At Midnight - Meghan Rogers
4. The Eater of Books - Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas
5. A Perfection Called Books - Brittany Cavallaro
6. ReadWriteLove28 - Cindy Anstey
7. The YA Book Traveler - Alwyn Hamilton
8. The Reading Nook Reviews -Shannon M Parker
9. A Perfection Called Books - Jenna Evans Welch
10. BookCatPin - Robin Reul
11. Bookish Serendipity - Ava Jae
12. Bookiemoji - Samantha Mabry
13. A Perfection Called Books - Kerry Kletter
14. Two Chicks On Books - Elizabeth Briggs
15. ReadWriteLove28 - Tobie Easton
16. Bookiemoji - Christy Lenzi
17. It Starts At Midnight - Emily Skrutskie
18. The Eater of Books - Kathy MacMillan
19. A Perfection Called Books - Jeff Garvin
20. It Starts At Midnight - Kim Savage
21. Two Chicks On Books - Parker Peevyhouse
22. Lost in Lit - Darcy Woods
23. A Perfection Called Books - Roshani Chokshi
24. The Eater of Books - Melissa Gorzelanczyk
25. BookCatPin - Lucy Keating
26. Read At Midnight - Jessica Taylor
27. ReadWriteLove28 - Marisa Reichardt
28. Bookiemoji - Janet B Taylor
29. The Reading Nook Reviews - Marieke Nijkamp
30. Lost in Lit - Erin L. Schneider

May:

1. Two Chicks On Books - Evelyn Skye
2. A Perfection Called Books - Harriet Reuter Hapgood
3. Empress of Books - Emily Henry
4. ReadWriteLove28 - Sarah Ahiers
5. It Starts At Midnight - Mia Garcia
6. A Perfection Called Books - Kathryn Purdie
7. Bookish Serendipity - Isabel Bandeira
8. Lost in Lit - Emily Martin
9. It Starts At Midnight - Sarah Alexander
10. A Perfection Called Books - Rebecca Podos
11. My Friends Are Fiction - Nicole Castroman
12. Love At First Page - Mia Siegert
13. Brittany's Book Rambles - Laura Tims
14. A Perfection Called Books -Traci Chee
15. Lost in Lit - Anna Michels
16. A Perfection Called Books - Karen Hattrup
17. Readers In Wonderland - Rahul Kanakia
19. Lost in Lit - Amber Smith
20. A Perfection Called Books - Ashley Herring Blake
21. Empress of Books - Laurie E. Flynn
23. Love At First Page -Ami Allen-Vath
24. Two Chicks On Books - Kat Howard
25. My Friends Are Fiction - Heidi Heilig
26. A Perfection Called Books - Lindsey Klingele
27. BookCatPin - Kali Wallace
28. A Perfection Called Books - Kerri Maniscalco
30. A Perfection Called Books - Julie Eshbaugh
31. Empress of Books - Danika Stone

June:

1. It Starts At Midnight - Catherine Lo
2. Reading Teen - Everly Frost
3. A Perfection Called Books - Jeff Zentner
4. Readers In Wonderland - Margot Harrison
5. The YA Book Traveler - Emily France
6. Brittany's Book Rambles - Michelle Andreani
7. A Perfection Called Books - Adriana Mather
8. The YA Book Traveler - Kara Bietz
9. Love At First Page -Tara Sim
10. Reading Teen - Jennifer Bardsley
12. The Eater of Books - Audrey Coulthurst
13. Two Chicks On Books - Sarah Glenn Marsh
14. Readers In Wonderland - Heather Smith Meloche
15. A Perfection Called Books - Aditi Khorana
16. ReadWriteLove28 - Lygia Day Penaflor
17. A Perfection Called Books - Janet McNally
18. My Friends Are Fiction - S. Jae-Jones
19. It Starts At Midnight -Katie Kennedy
20. Love At First Page - Paula Garner
21. A Perfection Called Books -Tom Crosshill
22. Reading Teen - Becky Allen
23. A Perfection Called Books - Erin Summerill
24. It Starts At Midnight - Sonya Mukherjee
25. Love At First Page - Kathleen Glasgow
26. The Reading Nook Reviews -Karen Fortunati
27. A Perfection Called Books - Jenny Moyer
28. A Perfection Called Books - Stephanie Garber
29. ReadWriteLove28 - Zan Romanoff
30. Readers In Wonderland - Jessica Cluess

July:
1. A Perfection Called Books - Abigail Johnson
2. ReadWriteLove28 - Kim Zarins
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Are you as excited as we are?! 
Which debuts are you most looking forward to? Which ones have you read? 
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

24 comments:

  1. So excited to be a part of this! Thanks so much for supporting me and FLASHFALL--and all these other amazing debut authors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! I'm so thrilled to be a part of this feature and I can't wait to see everyone's posts! ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so amazing! So excited to be included amongst all these incredible debut authors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the Twitter chats! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this and am so excited to be part of it! <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh it looks like such an awesome line-up! I can't wait for April!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this again! I enjoyed it so much last year and I'm looking to the posts to come, along with all the other goodies you have planned for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to be part of MTN! I missed it last year and can't wait to follow along this round. Thank you for putting this all together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so exciting! I really love this event last year, so I can't wait! <33

    ReplyDelete
  10. This seems like it's going to be so fun and creative! 89 authors? wow!!
    I'm so excited for this event. I already know I'm going to "meet" new books that I'll want to get my hands on and books that won't have the hype they probably should. That's why I'm most looking forward to this

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many amazing debuts this year, I can't wait to follow along each day! Thank you so much for having me and SUMMER OF SLOANE along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited! I loved this event last year and I did not think that you could possibly make it better, but it seems that you are going to prove me wrong. You always do a wonderful job with events, so I cannot wait to see all of the amazingness you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are so many new book and authors for me! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for Ivory And Bone now!!! I'm currently reading Summer Of Supernovas by Darcy Woods. Lots of debuts I'm excited for their releases! Thanks for the amazing interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the newbie tour, while I knew a few of the authors, there are so many new ones for me to add to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)