The Best Bookish Surprises


Plot twists in books are sources of a huge array of emotions, surprise being one of them. What are the BEST bookish surprises?

1. Moving Up Release Dates


Most notably, I discovered that Jenn Marie Thorne's The Inside of Out, originally schedule for July 12, 2016 has been moved up to May 31, 2016!! *cues happy dance* Also if you're not excited about this book (YET), you should be. It tackles privilege and LGBT activism and friendship, and I just want it now.



2. When A Cover Is Unexpectedly Revealed


It's quite often for an author to alert readers when a cover reveal is about to go live, but every so often I stumble across a book cover I hadn't realized was revealed. Bound by Blood and Sand by Becky Allen is the perfect example. <--- In a world where water is now scarce, a slave girl discovers the magic to replenish the water wells. But does she really want to save the world that has oppressed her and so many others?


3. Discovering A Long Page Length For A Highly-Anticipated Book

This is probably my favorite book surprise ever. If you know you'll love the book because you really like the author's work, then finding out that a highly anticipated book is going to have a LONG page length is like Christmas come early! Most recent examples are Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (720 Pages), Winter by Marissa Meyer (824 Pages), and The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson (688 Pages).

What are your favorite bookish surprises?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

6 comments:

  1. My favorite is when I read a book thinking it's a stand alone and then realize it's a series! Like with Lock and Mori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ou, yes! All of these! Also, when you discover that one of your favourite books is being optioned for film. :D

    Sarah | Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving up release dates is always THE BEST - I completely agree. And it's always fun when the cover of a book you're highly anticipating is revealed. Thanks for sharing Rachel and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh yes I can agree with number three. I love when my most anticipated releases are big books. Take The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson for example. It was like 500 pages long but still it only took me two sittings to read :(

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited for The Beauty of Darkness!
    A bookish surprise that I love - finding out a book you thought was a standalone is actually the first of an amazing series! Getting more of those characters your love? Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to all of these, plus surprise book mail & finding out there is a sequel, prequel, or companion novel to an originally-suppose-to-be standalone!

    Jess @ Princessica of Books

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)