April Wrap-Up


Can you believe that we are a third of the way through 2016??

April Reads:





My reading month left much to be desired. I broke my streak of reading 7 books each month. I did unexpectedly enjoy The Unexpected Everything much more than I thought I would. As my first Matson book, this book definitely surprised and charmed me. Outrun the Moon still brings a smile to my face as do all of Stacey Lee's books. I read a highly anticipated debut, Ever the Hunted, and liked it! Paper Princess was SO disturbing and awful, I recommend skipping this one. Although I enjoyed The Winner's Kiss, I had some big issues with it...

In My Life:

I turned 18 years old! I am now a legal adult. WHAT?! I voted in the Pennsylvania primaries. I did my civic duty! I also got a job at an Italian restaurant. It's so much fun, and the owners are so sweet. Plus I love pasta so this is really a win-win-win situation. I officially committed to Penn State/Schreyer, and I can now proudly call myself a Nittany Lion! I FINALLY got contacts, and they've made my life so much easier. My dad and his friends from his old band did a fundraiser concert with some singers on Broadway in New York City, so I went up to it. Then I got to see the delightful and lovely Brittany @ Book Rambles.

On the Blog:

My annual debut blog event, Meet the Newbies, started up! Check out the schedule here, and join the fun. 
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Unexpected Everything too. WOOHOO to turning 18!! Good job voting and yay for being a nittany lion!! Sounds like you had a great April. Hope May is fantastic for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still so thrilled that you're going to Penn State! It's a great school and community. Also, very jealous that got to read Ever the Hunted! Erin is such a sweetheart (IRL friend and agent-sister), and I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had such a great month, Rachel! I can't wait to see what you do in May. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeep, 18! How exicting. :D So glad you liked Ever the Hunted, I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great reading month! I really want to read The Unexpected Everything, even though I DNFed Since You've Been Gone. I mean, who can resist a book with so many beautiful dogs on the cover? (I certainly can't. If it has dogs, I'm buying). Your job sounds like so much fun too... do you get to eat as much pasta as you want? That's the dream job *heart eyes*

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been planning to start the Winner's trilogy for a while and now that it's over I think it's the right time. Also, I'm looking forward to reading The Unexpected Everything. Congrats on your birthday, Penn State and voting, Rachel!

    Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you had a HUGE month! Turning 18, voting, getting into your dream college--I'm so thrilled for you! I loved hanging out with you! I'm still so jealous that your dad gets to hang out with Broadway stars XD

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)