#ThisIsWhoIAmNow: The Square Root of Summer Blog Tour


The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood is a book that has gained lots of attention in the bookish industry and had a huge bidding war at auction. I love the idea of mixing time travel and physics. For these reasons I instantly grew an interest in this book.

Today as part of the blog tour, I was asked to answer a series of questions in late February and answer them again in early May to see the difference in my responses and how I've grown in that time.

The Questions:

What Brings You The Most Joy In Life?
  • Feb/March 2016: Reading! Blogging! Friends! 
  • May 2016: Working! It’s actually really fun. 

What Are You Reading?
  • Feb/March 2016: Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor
  • May 2016: Ruined by Amy Tintera

What Is Something You’re Really Looking Forward To?

  • Feb/March 2016: Finding out what college I’m going to next year!
  • May 2016: Going to college!! AHH PENN STATE SO EXCITED #WEARE.

What Is One Thing That’s Worrying You?

  • Feb/March 2016: COLLEGE. LIFE. EVERYTHING.
  • May 2016: Getting my license. Can I just get it already? Parents don’t want me driving because driving is “unsafe” in the area, and I’m going to college soon anyway… But I still want to get it just in case!!

What Is Something That You Always Have With You?

  • Feb/March 2016: A book
  • May 2016: My wallet

What Is Something That You Wish You Could Change?
  • Feb/March 2016: My outlook on school.
  • May 2016: Change my hair part! I just got my hair trimmed and I got a side part in my hair to spruce things up. Not a good idea, all the hair is getting in my face now xD #regrets

This past year has really put me through the wringer. Among plagiarism, spoofing, college, and problems in my family, it's been quite an interesting time. I spent so much of the past few months focused on college and this one fixed plan I had in mind since 5th grade. I've learned in the past few months that plans change, and sometimes it's for the better. Things happen for a reason, and not everything is in your control. All you can control is your response and your outlook on life. Now I'm happier and lighter than ever! Life is looking good :)  
 

About the Book:


Gottie H. Oppenheimer is losing time. Literally. When the fabric of the universe around her seaside town begins to fray, she's hurtled through wormholes to her past:

To last summer, when her grandfather Grey died. To the afternoon she fell in love with Jason, who wouldn't even hold her hand at the funeral. To the day her best friend Thomas moved away and left her behind with a scar on her hand and a black hole in her memory.

Although Grey is still gone, Jason and Thomas are back, and Gottie's past, present, and future are about to collide—and someone's heart is about to be broken.

Book Buy Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

About the Author:


Harriet Reuter Hapgood is a freelance fashion journalist and author of THE SQUARE ROOT OF SUMMER (coming May 2016). Her first-ever professional writing credit was for Just Seventeen magazine, and she's been YA obsessed ever since. She likes burritos, cats, Gwyneth Paltrow and young adult fiction, which she plans to write more of, though she's also considering a PhD in Dawson’s Creek. Follow her on Twitter: @hapgoodness and on Instagram: @hapgo0dness if you like pictures of cats

Social Media Links: Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram | Tumblr | Pinterest

Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea for a blog tour! It's so cool to see how much your life can change in a month :) I'm glad you found a job that you enjoy! I hope this year (or what's left of it!) is better than last year for you :) I can't wait to read this!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so crazy how much you can change in just a few months! Also, this book looks GREAT!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love this post, Rachel! I'm so happy for you about college and I totally agree with a lot of your answers. Although I'm still in my sophomore year, school is stressing me out and I don't think I'll ever calm down until senior year! I'm excited to get my license in August when I turn sixteen! I'm so glad to hear everything's great for you!

    I HAVE THIS BOOK FOR REVIEW BUT I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO IT YET. I adore the cover and what the synopsis holds... it sounds beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)