2016 Favorites and TBR


It's been awhile since I've done Top Ten Tuesday, and I really liked the past two prompts, so I'm combining the two and posting on a Friday! Which books are my favorites of 2016? Which books do I have on my 2016 TBR?

It was so hard to narrow down my favorite reads of 2016 so far, but these are the top 5!


The Forbidden Wish was such a welcome surprise. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie, and I love the retelling that Jessica wrote! Caraval is definitely worth the hype and worthy of the buzz it has in the book community. I urge you all to read this spectacular book! Dreamology wove so much creativity and imagination into the story, and the romance was so swoony. A Court of Mist and Fury is probably my favorite Sarah J Maas book. It's so well written, and the plot is so complex and mind-blowing. The book is soooo romantic too!! Rebel of the Sands is definitely one of my favorite series starters. Alwyn's debut is simply stunning.

I plan on reading all of these by the end of 2016!
2016 TBR:


Black Moon, Crooked Kingdom, and Witch's Pyre are sequels to some series that I will faithfully continue with. I got The Season, Stalking Jack the Ripper, The Inside of Out, Nemesis, and Flashfall for review, and I am so excited for all of them! The Secret of a Heart Note is by one of my favorite authors, Stacey Lee, and I can't wait to read her contemporary novel with a hint of magic. I wasn't a huge fan of Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but Strange the Dreamer has such an epic synopsis that I couldn't pass up reading this one! Ripple's synopsis is another one that caught my attention. I got Starflight from an Uppercase box, and this book received so much high praise from bloggers I trust. It's been awhile since I read sci-fi, so I'll definitely check out this one. Glitter immediately grabbed my attention too because I love the idea of a miniature kingdom in the Palace of Versailles! Cassandra Clare is another favorite author of mine, and I can't believe I still haven't read Lady Midnight. And finally The Deal by Elle Kennedy has gotten so much buzz from other bloggers, so I'll buy this one on my iPad and start it soon.

What are some of your favorite reads of 2016? What books do you plan on reading for the rest of 2016?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

19 comments:

  1. I've actually read The Forbidden Wish and I gave it 4/5 stars! OMG! I LOVE Zahra and Aladdin! :) I have actually stopped reading ACoMaF at the moment because I'm just frustrated with Feyre and Tamlin and Rhysand and it's dragging a little. BUT I KNOW IT HAS AN AWESOME ENDING even if I don't know what it is... from what I heard, it's good. I just need time to actually go and pick it up again!

    Great list for your TBR, too! Read The Deal first and you won't regret it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a great list Rachel! I absolutely adored Starflight, so I hope you like it as well. And I really need to start ACOMAF, but only when I stop seeing RT's about the characters. :') Like, I love the adoration. I just need the hype to die down because now my expectations are off the charts.

    Yaas to The Forbidden Wish and Rebel of the Sands! Those were so amazing, I love the culture and magic infused in both of them. I actually surprisingly didn't like Caraval as much as everyone else did, but still enjoyed the writing! Wonderful list girl. :)

    - Aila @ One Way Or An Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read one of your favorites (ACOMAF! Loved it!) but I have all the others and need to read them soon! Especially Dreamology, I love the cover. The Deal is my fave!!!! Starflight is really great too. The Secret of a Heart Note and The Season both sound so cute! And wow Witch's Pyre is such a cool cover, I need to read that series! Glitter sounds insane, might have to read some reviews first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say I've barely heard of any of these, but I am looking forward to picking up some Laini Taylor! (I've still not read DoSaB. Oops!) My fave of 2016 so far has probably been The Road by Cormac McCarthy, but I have to say I adored We Were Liars. Also Les Mis. Also The Raven King, obviously. Also-- well maybe I should stop there!

    PS Thank you for visiting Ink, Inc.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you love Starflight! It's on my list of best books this year! And ACOMAF, wow I can't believe how amanzing it was. I agree, her best book yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I've been hearing SUCH good things about A Court of Mist and Fury - I'll have to buy me a copy soon! *_* I really want to read The Forbidden Wish too, it has a great premise and JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed Dreamology as well. Super cute book. I just bought The Deal so hopefully I will get to it before the year is out. The Inside of Out is another one I want to get to. Hope you enjoy them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading ACOMAF as we speak -- so good! I have most of your TBR books on my TBR, but I have read The Deal (I cannot resist a sports romance.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of your best of 2016 list, I have yet to read Dreamology & Caraval! But I definitely want to read both of those books, and hopefully before the year is out. And I love your upcoming TBR too! So many books that I'm also excited about. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty much all of these books are in my TBR pile! Right now I'm playing catch up on books that I've had on my shelf for a while and some ARCs I really need to review. Some of my fav books I've read this year include The Fixer, Walk the Edge, Truthwitch, and Winter!

    -Jordan @ The Heart of a Book Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading Rebel of the Sands right now and it is amazing!! I'm glad it's on your favourite reads! Have you read The Wrath and The Dawn? If you loved Rebel of the Sands you would love The wrath and the dawn!! Lady midnight is amazing! I have Starflight on my TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it amazing when you collect all of your favourites together? I am dying to read Caraval and I really hope to read ACOMAF this summer. I am glad that you enjoyed them so much. Definitely makes the wait worthwhile. Enjoy reading all of those incredible titles! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I saw you already read the Deal but I loved that book os much! The series is so good I have to say The Score is probably my favorite. I just finished Dreamology it was pretty good. I also plan on reading The Inside of Out and Crooked Kingdom. I hope you enjoy the rest of the books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I have Rebel of the Sands on my Kindle because I keep hearing good things about it - I'm looking forward to reading it. :) And Lady Midnight is also on my TBR. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to start another series by Cassandra Clare in that world (I read all the TMI books, but I only read the first Infernal Devices one and didn't love it enough to continue the series), but I'm sure I'll get nostalgic and read it eventually. I've also tried The Deal by Elle Kennedy simply because other people kept sharing funny quotes - it's really not something I usually read, but I did enjoy it in a WTF AM I READING kind of way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yesss ACOMAF is SJM's best work to date for sure, I am so excited for the sequel I can't even think. I thought both The Forbidden Wish and Rebel of the Sands were really fun reads as well. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on Strange the Dreamer and Crooked Kingdoms, they're my most anticipated for the rest of the year. I'm really looking forward to Caraval as well, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    Aentee at Read at Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked Rebel of the Sands too! It was so exciting, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series now. You're so lucky to have read Caraval already! I can't wait to read it when it's released - it sounds so exciting and magical. I'm yet to read Lady Midnight either, but I do own it, so hopefully I'll read it soon! I can't wait for Strange the Dreamer either :)

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have Dreamology, Caraval, and ACOMAF but haven't read them yet. I enjoyed Rebel of the Sands!

    I have Stalking Jack the Ripper & Glitter in my possession and can't wait to read them. I'm definitely looking forward to The Season and The Secret of a Heart Note. I've already read Nemesis and Starflight. I hope you love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dreamology was awesome! It was so much more than I expected! I can't wait for Caravel, and I am in love with the cover! Every single one of your must-reads is a must-read for me as well. And I can go ahead and tell you that Nemesis is pretty darn awesome! I really, really enjoyed it. The beginning was a little slow, but once the story picked up I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Court of Mist and Fury is on my favorites list for 2016 as well. Love it! Great list.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)