An Ember in the Ashes: eHarmony Profiles


An Ember in the Ashes is one of my favorite reads of 2015! I'm thrilled to join Penguin in promoting the highly anticipated sequel A Torch Against the Night. In preparation for Torch's release, Penguin is hosting an AEITA reread! So today I am reposting one of my favorite AEITA promo posts from last summer where I ask four AEITA characters to answer eHarmony questions. Perhaps this will jog your memory of the characters before you start your AEITA reread! 

What are each of our characters looking for? Today I share some eHarmony questions and answers from Elias, Helen, Laia, and Keenan.


Laia

What are your two BEST life skills?
-My empathy. I try to understand things from other people's point of view, and I usually end up feeling it too. 
-Decision-making. I am very decisive, and once I make a decision I will stand by it. There's no going back.

What’s the most important thing you’re looking for in another person? 
I'm looking for someone who will always be loyal to me. I want to be with someone who is tender and caring but is also emotionally strong. Life is tough, and I can't latch myself to someone who doesn't have what it takes to survive the Empire. 

Describe your ideal date
Oh nothing too fancy. Maybe a trip to the market or a nice quiet dinner at home. It doesn't have to be anything too big, I just want to talk and get to know the person. 

Elias

What are the 3 things for which you are most thankful? 
I am most thankful for my grandfather who was kind enough to raise me when my mother neglected to do so. I am thankful for my best friend Helen who makes me smile on a daily basis and is a constant wave of support. I am thankful for the Academy because it's my home, and I've made so many friends

What is the one dream for your life you most look forward to achieving? 
I look forward to getting out of this place and traveling as far away from the Empire as possible. I don't agree with the brutality here, and these people are crazy! 

Describe your ideal date
I think it would be fun to go to a festival or party of some sort and just talk and hang out. I do like dancing... Spending time somewhere in the wildness would be fun too, camping perhaps or just sitting near a bonfire. Something peaceful and calming. 

Helene

What are 5 things you “can’t live without?” 
My weapons. My hair. My armor. My friends (particularly Elias). My place in the military.

How do you feel about yourself—physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually? 
What a stupid question. Why is this even on here? Physically I'm at my peak. I can maim and kill in an instant. I can scale a wall in mere seconds. I can do around 200 push-ups without stopping. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of these with a response.

What bores you? Why is this? 
Inactivity bores me. I could be doing so many productive things instead like training. 

Describe your ideal date
It would be lots of fun to see a Gladiator-style performance. Or maybe we could just train together? Rock climbing would be fun too. 

Keenan

What are you most passionate about? 
The cause, of course! Down with the Empire, especially that vicious Commandant. 

How do you typically spend your leisure time? 
I usually spend any leisure time I have plotting with the rebels on the demise of the Empire. I don't have much free time to begin with, I'm usually checking on our spies out in the field or working on a mission.

Who has been the biggest influence in your life? 
Mazen, the leader of the Resistance. He's our leader, but he's always been someone I admired. I work closely with him, and he's had a huge impact on my life.

Describe your ideal date
I can't think about dates at a time like this! I'm busy with more important things than my love life, like a rebellion. 


About the Book:

Series: AEITA #1
Genre: YA High Fantasy
Page Length: 443 Pages
Publication Date: April 28th, 2015
Publisher: Razorbill
Goodreads

Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

3 comments:

  1. HOLY SHIZ. I absolutely love this. Gosh, you're so accurate with everything while it made me laugh at the same time. This is awesome and thank you for the giveaway. I need to get my grabby hands on this book!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great!! I especially love Helene's one, there's no denying she's a fierce woman. I can't wait for A Torch Against the Night, definitely going to be my summer highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool twist on book character interviews. I really need to read An Ember in the Ashes and prepare for the sequel. I would love to see this done with other books as well.
    Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)