Blog Tour: Please Don't Tell

I'm thrilled to join the blog tour for Laura Tims' debut PLEASE DON'T TELL. I've meet this lovely author in person, and I can't wait to read her novel! Today I share an interview with her :)

Author: Laura Tims
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: May 24th, 2016
Page Length: 352

Goodreads | Barnes and Noble  | Amazon
Joy killed Adam Gordon—at least, that’s what she thinks. The night of the party is hazy at best. But she knows what Adam did to her twin sister, Grace, and she knows he had to pay for it.

What Joy doesn’t expect is that someone else saw what happened. And one night a note is shoved through her open window, threatening Joy that all will be revealed. Now the anonymous blackmailer starts using Joy to expose the secrets of their placid hometown. And as the demands escalate, Joy must somehow uncover the blackmailer’s identity before Joy is forced to make a terrible choice.

In this darkly compelling narrative, debut author Laura Tims explores the complicated relationship between two sisters, and what one will do for the other. It’s a story that will keep readers turning pages and questioning their own sense of right and wrong.

Laura Tims is the author of PLEASE DON'T TELL, coming Fall 2015 from HarperCollins.
She's a mental health advocate, a cancer, and a reasonably cute organism. She likes Tumblr, anime, Neko Atsume, Homestuck, Steven Universe, and Undertale. She likes you even more.
She writes books about strange relationships, pain, and people who are scared but good. She loves to talk and if you also love to talk, find her on Twitter @laura_tims
Website | Twitter | Tumblr | Goodreads

Tour Schedule:
Week 1:

Week 2:

Interview:
1. Your main character, Joy, is blackmailed by someone who knows what she did. What would you do if you were blackmailed?
Probably cry. And call all my friends and freak out at them until they came up with a game plan. And then cry some more. I’m not good under stress.

I’d say call the police, but assuming in this hypothetical situation I did something bad enough to get blackmailed for, I’d probably just stick with Plan A: Crying.
2. Please Don't Tell features a strong sibling relationship. Which literary siblings are your favorites? (I'm partial to the Weasley clan!)

I, too, am in love with the Weasleys forever. I also really like the sibling relationships in INVINCIBLE SUMMER by Hannah MoskowitzLada and Radu in AND I DARKEN by Kiersten White are also FASCINATING. Those are the first ones that come to mind!

3. What is the most exciting experience you've had so far on the road to publishing your first novel? 

Signing my first book was pretty amazing – a super cool blogger named Rachel was the one who handed it to me. ;)

4. Describe your ideal writing environment. 

My dream writing office is full of windows, plants and with a view of the ocean. A comfy chair and a desk I can put my feet up on is a must!

5. Can you tell us a bit about your current WIP? 

At the moment I’m about to start edits for my second book, THE BEST THING ABOUT PAIN, which is about a girl suffering from chronic pain who meets a boy who can’t feel it, thanks to a congenital condition. I actually developed a chronic pain condition (rheumatoid arthritis) about halfway through writing it, so that was interesting. But mainly I just really love the characters! Especially the boy. He’s kind of a weirdo.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. You and I have the same vision of an ideal office! Love it! thanks for the interview today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeep, this sounds good and creepy! I don't read much mystery, so I'm always excited to find new and interesting ones. Thanks for this giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks so good. I have no clue what I'd do if I was blackmailed. I'd definitely want to find out who it is and probably try to get revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun interview! I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must read this book! For some reason the summary sort of reminded me of Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why... I'm not sure why it reminded me of that. Either way, I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)