Helene Aquilla Appreciation Week

Today Bustle revealed an exclusive excerpt of A Torch Against the Night from Helene's point of view. 
You should go check it out! 

I started reading Torch last weekend, and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's bloody and vicious to the core, and there are still so many complications and problems as Laia attempts to complete her mission. Some of the scenes that Sabaa writers are simply incredible! We meet some new characters, and the plot thickens exponentially. 

You can read Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 here! 

Helene even has her own point of view in this novel, and I LOVE it! Helene Aquilla is easily one of my most favorite female characters in a book. I love that she is so strong (physically and emotionally) and loyal to a fault. She is constantly underestimated and always triumphs in the end. 

You can pre-order Torch here.

About the Book:

A Torch Against the Night takes readers into the heart of the Empire as Laia and Elias fight their way north to liberate Laia’s brother from the horrors of Kauf Prison. Hunted by Empire soldiers, manipulated by the Commandant, and haunted by their pasts, Laia and Elias must outfox their enemies and confront the treacherousness of their own hearts.

In the city of Serra, Helene Aquilla finds herself bound to the will of the Empire’s twisted new leader, Marcus. When her loyalty is questioned, Helene finds herself taking on a mission to prove herself—a mission that might destroy her, instead.

About the Author:

Sabaa Tahir grew up in California’s Mojave Desert at her family’s 18-room motel. There, she spent her time devouring fantasy novels, raiding her brother’s comic book stash and playing guitar badly. She began writing An Ember in the Ashes while working nights as a newspaper editor. She likes thunderous indie rock, garish socks and all things nerd. Sabaa currently lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her family.

Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram | Pinterest | Tumblr

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read either of these books yet but I really do want to try them as soon as it is possible for me to get the chance to. I know a lot of people have enjoyed book one so far :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helene is my girl! I don't care if she ends up with Elias or not, as long as she's happy (and that there isn't any girl-hate forced upon us between her and Laia)!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)