May Wrap-Up


I know I say this every month, but WOW! May is over. My last day of school is this Friday, June 3rd. It's surreal. As I look back on this month, there were lots of grueling AP exams and tedious final projects, but overall this last full month of senior year has been amazing. I'll miss high school, but I'm even more excited for college!


May Reads:




A Court of Mist and Fury might be my favorite Sarah J Maas book! And that's saying something because you all know how much I LOVE SJM's books. The Crown was simply awful; I knew it would be, but apparently I love to torture myself... Ruined sadly did not live up to the hype and was basically nothing special. Unbreak My Heart was an adorable book, but it's not really YA. I had some serious issues with it, but if I didn't think so much about all that happened I would have loved it more.

In My Life:

I have two more days of high school left. I graduate next Thursday. It seems like life is both rushing past me yet also going by excruciatingly slowly. I got my cap and gown yesterday, and I'm still teary-eyed. :)

I attended senior prom, and I had so much fun! AM Prom was afterwards (12AM-5AM) and the theme was Rock Throughout the Ages. Basically we got to run around the school, eat junk food, gorge on marshmallows at the chocolate fountain, play games, watch movies, and more.

Something I finally wanted to learn to do, french braid, has been achieved! I am now a pro at it (Haha I kid), but I do get many more compliments on my braids now. ;) I also took 6 AP Exams, and I am so relieved to be finished with that!

I visited Penn State main campus, and I think I fell in love all over again! I picked my classes and met a lot of new wonderful people. I just want to go to college already!!


On the Blog:

My annual debut blog event, Meet the Newbies, is still going! Check out the schedule here, and join the fun. 
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

6 comments:

  1. That's so exciting (but quite sad too) that you're finishing high school but I'm sure you'll love college. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the end of school! Haha! And that's so exciting about college - it sounds like you're going to have an amazing time there. And I know how much you love SJM's books, so hearing you say that ACOMAF was your favorite book by her makes me really excited to read it. And I'm sorry you were a bit meh about Ruined. :| Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recap! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my school did an AM Prom! That sounds like so much fun :) I just finished ACOMAF yesterday and I agree with you - it's one of my favorite books that SJM has written! It was just so meaningful and deep and the relationships and plot points and world building were all on point! And of course, seeing Rhysand and Feyre have LOTS of scenes together :D I hope you have a wonderful June!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. School has just finished for me too! and I had our schools version of prom this month as well. My school does this thing where there are no classes in may, just external and internal exams and an interdisciplinary project. My project was about the reasons for fictional censorship + I got to go hiking for a week in the himalays and do qualitative research, which was awesome.I also took four AP's. I'm glad you had a good may!
    Shanti@ Virtually Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh congrats on finishing high school! This is such a great time. ENJOY IT! :) I also ADORED ACOMAF!! I just loved it so much. How hot is Rhysand?? My only issues was that there were a few parts that dragged a bit in the middle. Other than that, I adored it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started marathoning through the Selection books so I'm sorry to hear that The Crown was terrible :( But I'm kind of annoyed already and I'm only on the second book so I'm not terribly surprised.

    Congrats on finishing high school! Personally I liked college waaayyy more so you've got lots to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)