June Wrap-Up

We are halfway through 2016! How can this be?!
June was a busy month. Something life-altering happened. I read a few books. I traveled a bit. I started a new job. It was a GREAT month! 
**A Perfection Called Books is looking for a co-blogger!! More information here.

June Reads:


It was another slow reading month. The urge to read hasn't been strong recently. Life has just been too busy! I did end up binging 4 books at the end of the month. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir was a great second installment to the series. I think I might like it more than Ember. The Deal surpassed my high expectations, and it might be my most favorite New Adult book EVER. You seriously need to read this book, the romance is so swoony and hilarious, and I love their chemistry. The Mistake and The Score were both good, but The Deal is still my favorite out of all of the books.

In My Life:

On June 9th, I graduated from high school!!!!! It was a surreal experience. I graduated 3rd in a class of 320, and I had a short speaking part in the graduation. I lead the official Turning of the Tassel. High school had its ups and downs and loads of stressful work, but I had an amazing experience, and I will dearly miss all of my teachers and classmates. Onto college I shall go!! 
I also went to Julie Eshbaugh's Ivory and Bone book release in Bensalem. Julie is such a wonderful person and a great writer. Another favorite author of mine, Sarah J Maas, moderated the event. It was great seeing my bookish friends again along with the lovely authors. 
Shortly after the Bensalem event, I left for senior week! We went down to Brigantine, New Jersey. It was great to spend time with friends and relax at the beach. There were lots of laughs and lots of smiling and lots of new inside jokes formed. 
I also started a new job at a restaurant much closer to me. I really like working there, and the people are so nice. This new restaurant serves alcohol though whereas my last one was BYOB, so it's been interested and more than a little frustrating trying to learn about the 100+ alcoholic beverages we sell. I'm not even legal to drink. xD 

On the Blog:

My annual debut blog event, Meet the Newbies, has ended for the year. I'd say it was a hit! We had so many MTN post views here on APCB, lots of excitement shouted on Twitter, and two successful twitter chats. Check out the schedule here to see all the posts!
Review: And I Darken 
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rachel! Graduating high school is so exciting!

    That book event sounds epic! Glad to see you had a great time.

    Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduating! :D I hope you have an awesome time at college! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on graduating! Doing the whole adulting thing will definitely be an adventure!

    A Torch Against the Night and The Deal both look wonderful; I'll have to check them out soon! I hope you have a wonderful July!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your graduation! Even 16 years later, I remember what they day felt like. Hopefully this summer, you will have more time to read....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Rach :D I've heard from so many people that college will be a new and fun adventure, so I hope you have fun with what's to come! Also, I'm really jealous of the books that you've read (I've always wanted to read Tahir's series) and the author events that you visited! Happy July <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on graduating, girly!! I'm so glad you like your new job, and yay for an amazing month ^__^ Also, SO thrilled that you loved TORCH, because I'm reading it soon and I'm so excited!! <3 I wish I could have gone to the IVORY AND BONE launch as well! Also, I can't wait to see who you pick as your new co-blogger!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  7. A slow reading month but you graduated!! Congrats Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on graduating! I loved Torch too, maybe even more than Ember. ;o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on graduating and good luck with your new job and with college in the fall.

    I Do My First Guest Post | Sunday Summary #10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy week, but it sounds like you had a wonderful time :) Congratulations on graduating!! I read The Deal a while ago and can't really remember how I felt about it - more positives than negatives for sure - and I really have to try out the other books in the series! I've been meaning to but haven't been in much of a NA mood lately. I'm glad you got to fit some wonderful books into your schedule last month, and I hope you have even better reads this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yayy, congrats on graduating! I'm so glad that you enjoyed Torch -- it's on my TBR for this month and I've heard nothing but great things about it so I'm super excited to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe how fast this year is going! smh😮 Congratulations on graduating!!! I'm super happy for you. Life will no doubt will get busy. Just remember to enjoy it. Hope you have a great summer, see you around 😗 xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)