APCB Adds #6


I love learning about the latest book deals, and APCB Adds is a feature where I share my latest Goodreads book additions. These posts will introduce you to books coming out in the future, ones you can look forward to! 

Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston - Harper Collins - 2018
Pitched as Anastasia meets Firefly, it's the story of an orphan girl raised by a band of space pirates who discovers the truth about her origins when she and her android best friend get wrapped up in a political conspiracy.
Anastasia was one of my favorite animated movies, and the story of the last Russian royal family intrigues me.

The Iron Flowers by Tracy Banghart - Little, Brown - 2018
In a world where women have no rights, two sisters face very different fates: one in the palace, another in a prison. Both are desperate to escape their cages and reunite – but in a world this dangerous, one wrong move could cost them everything.
Stories about sisters always tend to appeal to me, and I feel like this book will have some huge feminist and girl-power scenes. Who wouldn't want that??

Wonderful Feels Like This by Sara Lövestam - Flatiron Books March 7, 2017



The Elegance of the Hedgehog meets The Perks of Being a Wallflower in this novel celebrating being a little bit odd, finding your people, and the power of music across generations. For Steffi, going to school every day is an exercise in survival. She’s never fit in with any of the other groups at school, and she’s viciously teased by the other girls in her class. The only way she can escape is through her music—especially jazz music.

When Steffi hears her favorite jazz song playing through an open window of a retirement home on her walk home from school, she decides to go in and introduce herself.

The old man playing her favorite song is Alvar. When Alvar was a teenager in World War II-era Sweden, he dreamt of being in a real jazz band. Then and now, Alvar’s escape is music—especially jazz music.

Through their unconventional but powerful friendship, Steffi realizes that she won’t always be lonely in her small town. She can go to the music school in Stockholm. She can be a real musician. And she can be a jitterbug, just like Alvar.

But how can Steffi convince her parents to let her go to Stockholm to audition? And how is it that Steffi’s school, the retirement home, her music, and even her worst bully are somehow connected to Alvar and his story? Because as it turns out, everything is, in the end, linked . . .
One of my favorite book editors, Sarah Barley at Flatiron Books, edited this book! The synopsis reminds me of one of my favorite books Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw too!

Forest of a Thousand Lanterns  by Julie C. Dao - Penguin - 2017 
A reimagining of the evil queen from Snow White based on Asian folklore and mythology. In order to become Empress of Feng Lu, Xifeng must unleash a jealous god on the world and set free the viciousness of her own soul.
I love the idea of mixing a retelling with Asian mythology!!

Antipodes by Michele Bacon - Sky Pony Press - 2017
ANTIPODES is a slice-of-life story about ambitious 17-year-old Erin, whose carefully plotted life suddenly implodes. Foreign study on New Zealand’s gorgeous South Island is supposed to be a way to rescue her flagging Ivy League prospects and ride out her social exile, but it becomes much more. Erin experiences cultural clashes and tremendous personal growth through competitive swimming, music, and--of course--love.
I've always wanted to visit New Zealand, and I definitely commiserate with this main character about college admissions stress.

Once and For All by Sarah Dessen - Penguin June 6, 2017


As bubbly as champagne and delectable as wedding cake, Once and for All, Sarah Dessen's thirteenth novel, is set in the world of wedding planning, where crises are routine.

Louna, daughter of famed wedding planner Natalie Barrett, has seen every sort of wedding: on the beach, at historic mansions, in fancy hotels and clubs. Perhaps that's why she's cynical about happily-ever-after endings, especially since her own first love ended tragically. When Louna meets charming, happy-go-lucky serial dater Ambrose, she holds him at arm's length. But Ambrose isn't about to be discouraged, now that he's met the one girl he really wants.

Sarah Dessen’s many, many fans will adore her latest, a richly satisfying, enormously entertaining story that has everything—humor, romance, and an ending both happy and imperfect, just like life itself.
When I was younger I really wanted to be a wedding planner when I "grew up." I would plan wedding details and orchestrate fake weddings. I still love weddings to this day! Which is probably why this book appeals to me. I haven't read a Sarah Dessen book yet, and I want this one to be my first!

The Disasters by M.K. England - Harper Collins - 2018
Pitched as The Breakfast Club meets Firefly, five teenagers who consider themselves to be galactic failures have to use the qualities that flunked them out of Ellis Space Academy to prevent a series of intergalactic attacks.
Great pitch! I'm sold.

Which book are you most looking forward to from the list? 
What books have you recently added to your TBR?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

4 comments:

  1. I love this feature. :) I always find so many new books this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new Sarah Dessen book?! I am definitely excited for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK A NEW SARAH DESSEN BOOK!!! I loveee her books so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see there is a lot of Firefly happening next year, haha~

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)