Rachel's College Update

Hey friends!

So it's been awhile... I know, complete understatement.

I started my freshman year at Penn State in late August. Immersing myself in a new environment, a new place to call home, was so difficult. I had acute homesickness for a few weeks, but Happy Valley charmed me so completely as did the Penn State community. I've met so many amazing people and I've had some experiences that are just "so college." I can't imagine myself going anywhere else but Penn State. Also our football team is nationally ranked in the Top Ten!! Yes dear readers, I now bleed blue and white like a true Penn Stater. WE ARE!!

On the downside, since starting college I've only managed to read three books. Silver Stars by Michael Grant was such a long and drawn-out sequel.  Clanless by Jennifer Jenkins was another disappointment. I thoroughly enjoyed Girls in the Moon by Janet McNally and urge you all to check out this book. It comes out soon!

I confess that I haven't felt like blogging in a long time. I've been so caught up in college life that reading has taken a backseat and blogging hasn't even entered my mind. It makes me sad, but in the past I've experienced highs and lows in the desire to blog. Sadly I'm at a low right now, but I hope that bounces back up because I owe so much of my life to blogging and the experiences it has allowed to have, the friends I've made, and the impactful books I've read.

I'm slowly but surely rekindling my love for blogging, but it is so disheartening to see so many of my blogging friends drift away and leave the book community. I don't care what anyone says, the book community has changed. I'm not saying it's a good or bad change, but things are different. I need to find a way to rejoin this community because I feel so outside of things right now.

I hope to fully return to blogging soon as I've finally found my groove in college.

But enough about me. How are you?? What are you reading?? Anything new or exciting happen to you??
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

5 comments:

  1. I did my study abroad through Penn State and met a lot of Penn Staters - you people really like your football! haha. Enjoy college life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, actually. I started college as well this year and I just haven't been feeling like reading the way I used to feel back home. There's also so much to do when it comes to school work writing and reading that by the time I finish that, all I want to do is to watch some Netflix or YouTube. Thanksgiving and the end of semester are coming up though so hopefully I'll be able to dedicate some days to just reading! Hang in there, Rachel!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely relate to this post Rachel! When I started university it was a huge change, and didn't leave much time for reading, which then meant I didn't blog as much either. It's all about finding that balance (which of course isn't always easy!), but it does get better, and there's always the holidays to look forward to :)

    Eugenia @ Genie In A Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying school and taking part of the whole college experience. It is so important to enjoy every minute. :) I can imagine you must be very busy and that reading and blogging aren't in the front of your mind right now. They are things that will be there when you need them and the blogging community continues to change, but the fantastic people out there are still right there. :)

    Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear from you! College can be crazy so I get why you haven't blogged in a while. I am happy that things are going so well for you.

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)