Top Ten (First Half of) 2017 Releases I Can't Wait For


I have 301 books on my 2017 releases Goodreads shelf. It was a herculean task to narrow the list down, and I couldn't bear not to mention ANY of these 15 books. (I know... I cheated). 


The Sequels:

I simply can not wait to read any of these sequels! With the exception of Cage of Darkness, all the other books are the authors' sophomore novels. I'm especially itching to read Cage of Darkness, The Crown's Fate, and Blacksouls all had such cruel endings. I need to know what happens next! I'm also a huge fan of Julie's sweeping pre-historic saga which continues with Obsidian and Stars as well as Roshani's gorgeous prose that I'll revisit in A Crown of Wishes. As you all know I love long books, and I'm pleased to see that Traitor to the Throne is over 400 pages! And finally I am so excited to read the latest adventures of my favorite sleuthing duo in The Last of August.

Traitor to the Throne | Obsidian and Stars | The Crown's Fate | A Crown of Wishes | Blacksouls |
Cage of Darkness | The Last of August



New Series:

These books piqued my interest the second I learned of the book deals. Reviewers I trust have given high praise to Frostblood, Strange the Dreamer, and Empress of a Thousand Skies. Renee Ahdieh is one of my favorite authors, and her new Mulan-inspired, feudal Japan-set novel Flame in the Mist sounds fantastic. Debut novel Song of the Current also sounds amazing and has Stephanie Garber's seal of approval!

Frostblood | Flame in the Mist | Song of the Current | Strange the Dreamer | Empress of a Thousand Skies



Contemporaries:

These contemporaries all sound so cute! I have a huge obsession for anything that has to do with the royal family, and this Pippa and Kate-inspired debut, Romancing the Throne looks like such a Rachel book. When Dimple Met Rishi is another debut I think I'll enjoy and it has a diverse cast. I've always loved weddings and secretly wanted to be a wedding planner ever since I was young, and so I think Sarah Dessen's newest book Once and For All will be my first book of hers that I'll read.

Romancing the Throne | When Dimple Met Rishi | Once and For All


What 2017 releases are you most looking forward to?
Rachel is a teenaged unapologetic fangirl and perfectionist.

She loves reading for the escape it gives from reality and enjoys crying over books, swooning over characters, and laughing out loud over funny lines. She is a semi-recovering Netflix addict and a middle child of three.

You can find her on Twitter @yaperfectionist & Goodreads.

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm currently reading Frostblood and it is so good! I can barely put it down! Blackhearts was actually on my list last year and I still haven't got around to reading it - definitely going to start the series this year though!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Looking forward to a lot of these as well!! So many great books coming out next year!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, we share a couple in common and I have never heard of The Song of the Current but it sounds intriguing, I will have to add it on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for Stranger the Dreamer and Flame in the Mist too Rachel! Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Flame in the Mist . . .YES!!! I loved Wrath and the dawn by that author so I am sure I will love that one. I just read The Crown's Game and I NEED the sequel!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these covers are super pretty! & Yes Sarah Dessen has a new book out now! So exciting :D Thank you for sharing!
    Benish @ Beenazai

    ReplyDelete

I read, value, and cherish each and every comment. Although I don't have time to respond to most of them, I make every effort to comment back on your blog! :)